The existing 18km long pipeline from Gore Bay Terminal to Clyde Refinery was ageing and intelligent pigging identified that the pipe was in need of maintenance under AS2885 to repair corroding sections to prevent integrity failure.
- The pipeline runs through Sydney Harbour and expensive residential harbor side properties.
- 21 sites in sensitive locations (both from a community and an environmental perspective) require extensive liaison and extended working hours.
- Excavation and work in close proximity to properties and Sydney harbour
- 25,000 man hours worked with zero incidents
- Executed within 12 months
- TFA scoped and project managed the entire program
- $7M budget
- Pipe repairs included cutouts, welding, recoating, civil works, pipeline valves, pigging, line clearance